This post is also available in:
How much I miss carrying an adventurous backpack and traveling.
Thailand is probably one of my favorite destinations. Just before entering 2020, we lived there for two months and I managed to fall in love with its everything. Not only its people, culture, landscapes and contrasts. Also your kitchen. With all its exciting flavors!
Among the most local, we followed cooking classes and returned home, loaded with recipes, inspiration and seeds. That today bear fruit and season the dishes of our house. And so we continue traveling from home. I want to share some with you.
150gr brown rice noodles
1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 sheet of nori
1 tsp, balsamic
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove of garlic
2cm piece of ginger
1 carrot, grated
20gr red cabbage
20gr baby spinach
20gr green peas
50gr silken tofu (optional)
1. Pop the noodles into boiling water and boil them for 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the veggies, grate the ginger into a bowl and add the zest and juice of one lime.
2. In another bowl, mix the soy, sesame oil and balsamic to make the dressing.
3. For your sprinkle, toast the sesame seeds on a dry pan, until golden. Tear the sheet of nori into the mixer together with salt, pepper, chili flakes, and sesame seeds. Blitz until fine and all combines.
4. Drain the noodles. Combine them with the veggies if you do a wok style, place them in a bowl if you do a salad bowl or gett ready to fill a jar with different layers.
5. Drizzle some of your dream dressing and then, scatter over a little sesame sprinkle, you can keep the rest for another day.
6. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over, to taste.